Cinnamon Kitchen’s #HouseofHoli is back – bigger, better and brighter than ever!
Leave the dull, grey City at the door, don your protective white suit, and step into the madness at the House of Holi, for thirty minutes of paint-pelting friends, family and colleagues!
Sitting amongst the skyscrapers and the concrete, Cinnamon Kitchen, in association with India’s No.1 beer Kingfisher, will bring a vibrant injection of colour to the urban environs of the City with the return of their purpose-built party pod – popping up outside Vivek Singh’s modern Indian restaurant in Devonshire Square from Tuesday 7th to Saturday 18th March.
The perfect antidote to dull days in the office, workers can kick off their heels, loosen their ties, and experience the spectacular paint throwing festivities that mark the renowned Indian festival of colour. Holi festival itself takes place on Monday 13th March, announcing the arrival of spring and the passing of winter. A welcome burst of fluorescence following London’s bleak and blustery winter, Holi is a time where families traditionally gather together and cover each other in coloured paint.
But of course, no Indian festival would be complete without a feast of delicious dishes and Cinnamon Kitchen will be getting into the spirit with a vibrant five-course Holi menu.
At £38 per person (all day Monday – Friday, and Saturday evenings, including a Play Holi session) dishes include:
- Lentil stuffed wheat bread with yoghurt, tamarind and pomegranate
- Grilled Kentish lamb escalopes with black stone flower and smoked paprika raita
- Tandoori mushroom with mustard greens and chickpea bread
- King prawns in coconut and cardamom curry with ghee rice
- Carrot samosa, pistachio burfi and fig-semolina halwa
A pop up bar will also feature a menu serving an array of colourful Holi cocktails which may include the Holika Fire – appleback, fresh lime, homemade grenadine; and the Neela Heera – Broker’s Gin, Maraschino liqueur, Crème Yvette and fresh lemon, alongside Kingfisher beers, the leading Indian beer brand.
Tickets are priced at £8 per person, or £15 per person including authentic Holi bites and either a signature Holi cocktail, a Kingfisher beer or a mocktail. The whole pod can be hired for groups of up to 30 for £400, which will include arrival drinks and nibbles. Email our events team to enquire about private hire – a great idea for team building, parties and family celebrations.
Holi Sessions – 30 minutes
- First Day (Tuesday 7th) – 2 – 2.30pm then every hour until 7 – 7.30pm
Monday – Friday
- Daytime – 2pm – 2.30pm, 3pm – 3.30pm, 4pm – 4.30pm
- Evening – 5pm – 5.30pm, 6pm – 6.30pm, 7pm – 7.30pm
- 12pm – 12.30pm, then every hour until 7pm – 7.30pm
- 12pm – 12.30pm, then every hour until 4pm – 4:30pm
Read our essential Play Holi Guide for our top tips and suggestions to make your Holi safe and fun!