Tesco Promo Terms
Full Terms & Conditions
- This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
- Purchase is necessary. Please retain an itemised receipt that states the time and date of purchase prior to entry, but within the Promotion Period, as this may be required for validation and in order for the winner to receive their Prize. Internet access a valid email address, camera phone and a Twitter, Facebook or Instagram account are required.
- Promotion Period: Enter between 00:01BST on the 01 of October 2022 and 23:59 GMT on the 31 of January 2023 inclusive.
Draws & Prizes
00:01 BST on the 01 October 2022 – 23:59 GMT on the 31 October 2022
Prize: 25 x winners will each win a Cookbook
00:00 GMT on the 01 November 2022 – 23:59 GMT on the 30 November 2022
Prize: 25 x winners will each win a Cookbook
00:00 GMT on the 1 December 2022 – 23:59 GMT on the 31 December 2022
Prize: 25 x winners will each win a Cookbook
00:00 GMT on the 1 January 2023 – 23:59 GMT on the 31 January 2023
Prize: 25 x winners will each win a Cookbook
Grand Prize Draw
00:01BST on the 01 October 2022 and 23:59 GMT on the 31 of January 2023
Prize: 1 x winner will win a luxury weekend in London.
To Enter: Purchase any of the Cinnamon Kitchen range available in selected Tesco stores (list of stockists available at www.cinnamon-kitchen.com/tesco-stockists) and take a picture of your cooked meal and the front of the Cinnamon Kitchen packaging, then either:
Log onto your Facebook account (or create one for free), go to @CinnamonKitchen Facebook page, locate the promotional post, and comment with #MyCinnamonKitchen and upload the photo underneath the promotional post.
Log onto your Instagram account (or create one for free), follow @CinnamonKitchenDineAtHome upload the photo as a grid post (not a reel or story) tagging us using @CinnamonKitchenDineAtHome and include the hashtag #MyCinnamonKitchen
Log onto your Twitter account (or create one for free), and tweet the photo, tagging @CinnamonKitchen and include the hashtag #MyCinnamonKitchen.
- Maximum of 1 entry per person is permitted during the Promotion Period. No person may win more than 1 Prize type per tier.
- You must keep your profile on a public setting for 4 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period in order to be contacted if you are selected as a winner.
Monthly Prize: There will be a total of 100 winners (25 winners each month during the Promotion Period). Each winner will win 1 x signed copy of Curry by Vivek Singh, cookbook.
Grand Prize: All valid entries received during the entire Promotion Period will be entered into the Grand Prize Draw. There will be a total of 1 winner. The winner will win 1 x luxury weekend in central London for two. The prize including:
2 nights’ accommodation at a minimum 4* hotel
in central London (Friday & Saturday).
1 x cookery masterclass for two with celebrity chef
Vivek Singh at Cinnamon Kitchen City.
Dinner for two at Cinnamon Kitchen Battersea or
City on Saturday night (allowance of £100 per head).
£250 travel allowance (total).
Further Prize Details & Conditions:
Grand Prize: Attendance of the named celebrity is anticipated but cannot be guaranteed in the event of sickness, delay, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter.
The masterclasses are on set Saturdays and have limited numbers so will need to be booked in advance. They last around 2 hours followed by a lunch. These are usually not planned more than 3 months ahead. The winner will be provided with specific dates of the Masterclass during prize acceptance and will be required to select from the dates provided by the Promoter or their agent.
- Both elements of the Prize must be taken at the same time.
- The Grand Prize must be booked and taken by 31 December 2023.
- The Grand Prize cannot be taken over Easter, Christmas, or Bank holidays.
- A valid credit or debit card may be required to check in to your room and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in- room calls or services.
- The winner must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs.
- The accommodation is for one room on a shared basis for the winner and their guest, with breakfast included.
- The dinner allowance is a maximum of £100 per head.
- The winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guest whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or their guest from participation in any aspect of the Prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or if the winner and/or their guests act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the winner and guest being required to leave the event/venue.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, neither the Promoter, nor their respective parents, affiliated companies, or subsidiaries, shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation in the Prize Draw or use of any prize.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
- The winner will not be entitled to any compensation and will have no claim against the organisers if the accommodation or any other event forming part of the prize is delayed, postponed, rescheduled, or cancelled.
- The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. The winner will be liable for all costs and expenses not stated relating to claiming the Prize.
- If a Prize is cancelled by the winner, no alternative Prizes will be issued and for the avoidance of doubt, no compensation and/or refund will be provided.
- The Prize will be arranged by email or phone between the Promoter’s prize fulfilment agency and the winner. The prize fulfilment agency will make all reasonable efforts to provide the winner with details of the prize at the earliest possible opportunity.
Further Entry Details & Conditions:
- Entrants must only submit images that are their own work.
- Twitter has file size limits and specifications that need to be followed. Please see https://dev.twitter.com/rest/media/uploading-media for more details.
- Entrants must not upload images which have been previously published or won an award or prize via a promotion run by the Promoter or any other entity.
- Entrants must only upload images that do not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property rights.
- It is the responsibility of entrants to provide their correct, up-to-date details when entering the Prize Draw and/or confirming acceptance of the Prize in order for their Prize to be processed. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects Prize acceptance or delivery of their Prize.
- You agree to grant the Promoter in perpetuity a non-revocable, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use the copyright and other intellectual property rights vesting in your entry for all purposes connected with this Promotion, including but not limited to display on the Promoter’s website, social channels, in any publicity, advertisement or case study carried out by or on behalf of the Promoter in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet and any other website of the Promoter or its agents/contractors choosing and use of the entry, or part(s) of the entry, in marketing materials relating to this Promotion (“the Media”).
- You agree to the inclusion, publication, reproduction and/or other use of your entry as well as your name, voice, statements and/or photograph or video or other likeness, without further notice or compensation, in any Media.
- You agree to grant the Promoter the right to adapt, modify, and use any or all parts of the entry. You also agree to grant the Promoter and its agents/contractors the right to moderate, modify or remove any entry if it is deemed unsuitable, in whole or in part, for display on the Promotion website or in any materials relating to the Promotion. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant the licence and rights provided for in this paragraph and that all materials forming part of your entry to this Promotion, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the Promoter, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
Selection, Notification & Moderation
Winner Selection: 101 provisional winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period as set out in the Table under Point 3 above. For your total confidence, the Prize draws will be conducted by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service, within 5 working days of the end of the Promotion Period as set out in Point 3.
Winner Notification: Provisional winners will be contacted via the social media account used to enter within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be asked to provide evidence of identity and eligibility. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the provisional winners. Once eligibility has been confirmed, the provisional winners will be confirmed as a winner. If a provisional winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, we reserve the right to disqualify that entrant and award the Prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
Prize Acceptance: Fulfilment of the Prizes will take place within 28 days of acceptance of the Prizes. The signed cookbooks will be sent via Royal Mail 2nd class signed for. In the unlikely event that a winner has not received communication to arrange their Prize the winner must inform the Promoter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If a winner does not do so, the Promoter reserves the right to not reissue the Prize or limit its value at its sole discretion.
Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
- Are in breach of the Terms & Conditions;
- Contain any content that is offensive, harmful, objectionable or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication including with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, or which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
- Contains or refers to any unauthorised third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
- Promotes any political agenda.
- By entering the Promotion, entrants give their permission for their entries to be used by the Promoter without further compensation, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year for promotion purposes from the date of entry. Copyright will remain with the entrant. However, by entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to the Promoter publishing these entries on their website and possible further use on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms. They also agree to other possible promotional use in media of the Promoter’s choosing without any further payment, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year from the date of entry but with appropriate credit given to the original entrant.
- The Promoter will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter include the names, likenesses, photographs, or similar of any individual without their express permission.
- Provided no objection is received from the winners, a winners list containing the surname and county of residence of the winners will be made available by the Promoter 4 weeks after the close of the Promotion Period, for a period of 8 weeks. It will be available at available by sending a request via email to email@example.com. The winners can object to their details being published by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide winner information to the Advertising Standards Authority when requested by them.
- The Promoter may request that the winners participate in publicity arising from the Promotion. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
- The Promoter seeks to run a fair and secure promotion and prevent abuse and cheating. If you enter in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, your entry (and any of your associated aliases) will be disqualified. Any Prize awarded may be void and recoverable, and the Promoter reserves the right to bar you from entering future promotions for a period of at least six months. For this reason, the Promoter reserves the right at any point to:
- Verify the eligibility of entrants and/or provisional winners by requesting such information it consider reasonably necessary for this purpose. Entry or a Prize may be withheld until verification is completed.
- Disqualify entries that are not made directly by the individual entering the Promotion.
- Disqualify entries made using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
- Disqualify bulk entries from individuals, trade, consumer groups or third parties, incomplete entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means.
- Disqualify entries beyond the maximum allowed, or those using techniques such as ‘script’, ‘brute force’, multiple SIM cards for text entries, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using aliases or identities other than their own or any other means.
- Disqualify entrants who tamper with the entry process.
- Disqualify entries which, in some other way, do not meet the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
- Cancel, modify, or suspend the Promotion should it not be capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion.
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason a Prize or any element of the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute that Prize or element of the Prize for another of equal or greater value.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected, or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter, and Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter is not responsible for any element of this Promotion.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special, or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion (JS13196) or accepting or using the/a Prize(s), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances.
- If any part/s of these Terms & Conditions are legally ruled to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will continue in full force and effect.
- By entering, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- If there is a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and those in any promotional material, these Terms & Conditions will prevail.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Cinnamon Kitchen Limited, Princess Margaret Way Holly Wood Park, Aberavon Beach Front, Porttal Bot, West Glamorgan, SA12 6QP